Proven Tools and Strategies to Build Emotional Resilience
The health of an organisation and the health of its workforce are inextricably linked. Business and its employees can only prosper and be successful when both are healthy in every way.
Stress Management Institute (SMI) training helps individuals identify stressors, build emotional resilience and provides participants with unique evidence-based tools and strategies to manage and reduce stress. The outcome is a more agile workforce who have grit and mental toughness. SMI works to support individuals to bring about sustained integration of the mental, emotional, physical and energetic factors that are the determinants of building resilience.
Stress is a very personal thing and everyone has different triggers. Two people can experience the same situation, one will find it stressful, the other will not. This is why a one-size-fits-all approach is not effective.
During the Foundations of Emotional Resilience training, participants will learn a number of emotional resilience tools and strategies. Participants will build a foundational Emotional Resilience Toolkit from the evidence-based tools and strategies that work best for them.
Our techniques include: Guided meditation, visualisation, reframed thinking, re-channeling brain pathways, neuroplasticity exercises, focused positivity training, choosing emotional intelligence, mindfulness, resilience exercises, resourcefulness, re-calibrating emotional responses, creating healthy & useful hormone responses, precise breathing techniques and Applied Kinesiology testing.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will…
- Have a practical foundational Emotional Resilience Toolkit
- Have a better understanding of their own stress triggers
- Build better relationships with their colleagues, friends & loved ones
- Have tools to engage positive psychology
- Be happier and more productive
- Learn how to remain calm in previously stressful situations
- Differentiate between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ stress
- Complete each day with greater energy and focus
- Be more resilient to life’s challenges.
- The way we think about resilience determines our body’s response to stress
- Wellbeing solutions: proactive vs reactive approaches
- Preventing/minimising the effects of stress is the key to good health
- Awareness: Your body doesnt lie!
- Learn and experience various evidence-based tools & strategies
Emotional Resilience Strategies:
- Be aware of your physiology in the moment
- Energy management awareness
- Choose proven nutrition and posture
- Create a habit of low and slow breathing
- Be mindful with meditation and visualisation to find inner calm
- Harness your ‘Happy Hormones’
- Learn how to ‘hack your brain’.
“This program not only offers amazing techniques for building emotional resilience, but more than that, John and Judy guide
students through a simple, focused, highly effective experiential adventure to expand how we live, how we laugh, and how
we can add value in our world.”
Vikki Kelly, Mindfulness Consultant, Auckland, New Zealand
“I found the workshop session practical and inspiring to research the concepts further. The short- animated TED talk video
on stress gave such a simple way to understand the physiological effects of stress and how I can change that in my own
body. I was really interested in the power of words and the energy they create. I’m really motivated now to see how I can
apply the tools and strategies offered to my own life. Thank you.”
Belinda Nechwatal, Teacher, Melbourne, VIC, Australia